Career Opportunities at DayTwo
Join a fast growing startup innovating at the intersection of health and technology.
About our Company
DayTwo is the world’s first provider of health improvement based on Gut Microbiome research. Its first product, based on groundbreaking research led by Prof. Eran Segal and Prof. Eran Elinav from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel, and exclusively licensed to DayTwo, is a personalized nutrition platform. It aims to normalize blood sugar levels and reduce risk for metabolic diseases like obesity, diabetes, and hypertension, leveraging the world’s largest and most detailed microbiome database. DayTwo’s product pipeline includes additional microbiome-based diagnostic and therapeutic solutions.
We are a young and dynamic company, intent on innovating personal health and wellness by developing products that are based on scientific research and advanced algorithms. We have also been told that we are completely obsessed with poop.
We are located in Moshav Adanim (near Sharonim Mall in Hod Hasharon), Israel.
So if you’re qualified, are eager to take on new and exciting challenges, and would like to find out if ice cream is healthy for you, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Front End Tech Lead is a hand-on position combining management, architecture and design leadership. The candidate will manage 1 to 2 developers and take ownership of the entire web operations in the company.Job Requirements
- Experience with interactive user interfaces and animation
- Experience working with Node.js, Webpack, Grunt or Gulp build tools
- Experience with Sass or other compiled CSS languages
- Experience with implementing responsive designs
- Understanding of lean and agile practices
- Experience in Software Engineering practices: TDD/BDD unit/functional automated testing, software design and architectures like Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium and Protractor.
- Have a keen eye for creative designs
- Possess an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI
- Experience developing front-end mobile web applications
- Experience with Angular 2 and up
- An experienced backend developer with excellent programming skills.
The developer will join our server-side team and will handle our stack of infrastructure along with business logic, API and offline processes.Job Requirements
- 4+ years of professional software development experience, from which there are at least 2 years of java server-side development.
- Experienced with Spring Experienced with multi-threaded environment
- Experience developing reliable large-scale back-end systems
- Strong familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases – programming and performance
- Excellent understanding and experience in web technologies and REST
- Familiar with Git
- Ability to quickly master complex systems, develop on remote systems, and transition flexibly between team and independent work
- B.Sc. in CS, engineering, or related degree
- Experienced with profiling and production analysis
- Familiar with Elasticsearch
- DescriptionQA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
He will handle manual testing of Server API, Web, iOS and Android applications and will strive to establish an automated tests environment.The QA lead role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.Job Requirements
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance - at least 3 years
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Proven experience in all or some of the following platforms: Web, iOS, android
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Using all or some of the following tools: Postman, Fiddler, Jira
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- B.Sc. in CS, engineering, or related degree
- Running DayTwo operations in Israel and US
- Providing solutions for the entire logistic process including kit management and planning, shipments, sequencing lab and more
- Working closely with DayTwo customer support team for ongoing operations and special cases
- Maintaining ongoing interface with DayTwo vendors in Israel and US
- Taking part in special projects
- Involvement in the development process of various management tools for supporting the operations
Skills & Requirements
- Independent worker
- Team player
- High communication skills
- Logistics experience
- Knowledge in MS Excel
- English – excellent
- Experience in customer support
- Experience in project management
Following the successful completion of the Personalized Nutrition Project conducted by leading scientists at the Weizmann Institute of Science, the research technology was licensed to DayTwo company, that provides personalized nutrition and behavioral guidelines that maintain normal blood glucose levels and healthy outcomes. Based on the research, a patent pending proprietary machine learning algorithms derived from unique large-scale datasets, is used to accurately predict the personalized blood glucose response of individuals to food based on the unique health information and gut microbiome composition of each person. We are currently expanding our lab in order to provide sequencing services of the gut microbiome composition to DayTwo.
- Running the lab daily operations specializing in Microbiome DNA sequencing process (DNA purifications, Illumina library preparations, etc.)
- Responsibility for samples storage management
- Taking part in establishing of the sequencing lab which provides services to DayTwo
- Taking part in establishing, developing and improving processes, procedures and quality
- Responsibility for the Lab inventory management
- Working closely with DayTwo Operation team and Research team
- Adhere to DayTwo commercial commitments for quality and capacity
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge in molecular biology techniques and in particular of DNA extraction and relevant quality control methods, Illumina library preparation methods for next generation sequencing and experience in the operation of Illumina sequencers
- Precision and accuracy in lab work, ability to work with hundreds of samples in parallel
- Education: M.Sc in life sciences or B.Sc in life sciences with experience
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years in a molecular biology lab, work high-throughput methods
- Experience and knowledge in microbiome DNA sequencing
- Experience in developing new protocols and protocols improvements
- Experience in managing large scale number of biological samples using LIMS
- knowledge in bioinformatics
- Good understanding of automated systems and the ability to match and develop automated pipelines for changing requirements